Before you walk into your eye doctor’s office, it’s important to make sure you’ve got all the information you need to ensure a successful visit. Along with bringing your True Dental Discounts, membership card with you, you should also come knowing the following information, courtesy of the Mayo Clinic:
- Are you currently experiencing any vision problems?
- Have you had any eye problems in the past?
- Do you wear glasses or contacts? Are they working properly?
- What health problems have you had recently?
- Are you on any medications?
- Do you have any allergies (foods, medicines, other substances)?
- Do you have a family history of cataracts or glaucoma?
- Does anyone in your family have diabetes, high blood pressure or heart disease?
By providing your eye doctor
with this information, he or she will be able to treat you more precisely and effectively. It’s crucial that you keep your doctor up to date and be honest about any problems you’ve been experiencing. Otherwise, serious issues or complications could arise that may have been prevented. Going into your eye exam, you should bring your contact lenses if you have them, but be ready to remove them for certain eye tests.
Your eye doctor will be able to give you a more exact list of needed information, but the most important thing to remember is that he or she is looking out for your best vision interests. By working in cooperation with your doctor, you can ensure that your eyes are being cared for in a way that best meets your individual needs.