You’ve probably heard how dangerous it can be to take medication without first heeding the instructions on its proper dosage and frequency. But have you considered all of the other information you need before you can safely take any of that prescription? According to the National Council on Patient Information and Education, patients need to ask their doctor or pharmacist several key questions when they are prescribed any type of medication. These questions include:
- What is the name of the medicine and what is its use?
- How and when do I take it, and for how long?
- Are there any foods, medicines or activities I should avoid while taking the medicine?
- How long does it take for the medicine to work?
- Are there any side effects? If so, what are they, and what should I do if they occur?
- Do I need to get a refill? If so, when?
- What is the proper way to store this medicine?
By asking these types of questions, patients can stay informed about their health while taking prescription medication. As an added benefit, if you use your True Dental pharmacy discount card, you’ll be able to maximize your savings at the same time you maximize your safety! It’s just one more way you can receive quality care at affordable prices.