Help our e-commerce sales team convert web traffic into new customers. We are a direct-to-consumer marketing and e-commerce platform designed for dental savings plans. We provide the online tools that help consumers gain long-term and immediate access to discounts of 20% to 60% on most dental care procedures at 100,000-plus dentists nationwide.
Business Information Analysts work within the Information Management department and are responsible for analyzing, understanding, defining, modeling, and documenting the various business domains within the company’s overall information system. They must be able to rapidly learn about new domains and translate this knowledge into formalized documentation and models that encompass both the information involved as well as the business and technical processes surrounding it.
Business Information Analysts are also responsible for determining how best to integrate new information into the company’s information ecosystem, and how to reconcile third-party data with internal information. They must be able to understand and reason about direct and indirect dependencies and interactions across complex, interwoven business domains and information systems, and fully analyze the implications of proposed actions and changes.
• Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand and document business domains, including how those domains are represented within information systems.
• Analyze data from disparate sources to assess its accuracy, consistency, and meaning relative to internal definitions. Determine if and how data can be transformed or mapped relative to those definitions, and work with data providers to have changes made at the source where necessary.
• Communicate information and process requirements to other teams and coordinate activities on interdependent projects.
• Encourage the appropriate and accurate use of information across the company, and identify new ways in which information can be used to solve business problems or improve processes.
• Promote strategic enterprise goals related to data quality, integrity, consistency, and accuracy.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in informatics / information science, information systems, computer science, business administration, or a related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
• At least 2 years of experience in a related position.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including basic technical or logical writing experience.
• Knowledge of information modeling techniques, preferably Object-Role Modeling.
• Basic knowledge of modern database management systems, preferably Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and above.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including simple formulas, sorting, and filtering.
• Familiarity with ETL systems preferred but not required.
Knowledge of Medicare and the health insurance industry preferred but not required.
Please feel free to contact the the hiring manager to set up your interview today!