You may know that it’s not a good idea to consume food or beverage that has come from a damaged container, but do you give your prescription drugs the same amount of scrutiny?
It’s dangerous to take medication that has been tampered with because it could negatively impact your health or introduce elements to your body not intended by the drug manufacturer. To prevent these negative consequences, the FDA suggests people consider the following tips:
• Read the label about the product’s tamper-evident features. Be educated about your medications and their unique security measures so you are aware of anything out of the ordinary.
• Look at the package for tampering signs like broken seals, puncture holes, and open or damaged wrappings. These are all signs that the medication has been compromised.
• Look at the medication itself. Never take medication that is discolored, smells strange, or is in any way suspicious. Ask your pharmacist if you aren’t sure about the condition of your medication. He or she will help you evaluate its safety.
• Always return suspicious medication to the pharmacist. It’s better to be cautious and return something you think is suspect than risk ingesting it.
• Finally, check for tampering every time you take a dose. It’s not enough to look only one time because something could change and cause you unexpected harm. To that end, you should also never take medication if you are not alert or able to see it clearly. It’s impossible to tell if something has been tampered with if you cannot look at it properly.
As always, be sure to ask your pharmacist if you have any questions. He or she will be able to give you further guidance about taking medication safely. At the same time, take the opportunity to have a conversation with your pharmacist about the cost-saving discounts you receive from yourTrue Dental Discounts, prescription plan. Establishing a dialogue can encourage good money and prescription habits in the future.
Did you find the article interesting? Please feel free to share it with a friend.
Reduce the cost of dental procedures by 20%-50% immediately!